Monday, June 16, 2014

NYX Lipgloss: Is it Worth It?

Tube of NYX lipgloss in the color nude peach.
Doe Foot Applicator.

Ohhkay...so the NYX lipglosses are constantly talked about in the youtube beauty community, especially by missglammorazzi and allthatglitters21.  They have been completely hyped up as cheap good quality lipglosses and so I decided to pick one up a few months ago to see what the fuss was about and...
I HATED IT!!!
To be completely honest, the color is completely off.  It is definitely not "nude peach" like it says.  In real life, it appears as more of a bubblegum pink, which is a fine color but not if you believe you are buying a nude gloss. In addition to the color mislabel, the gloss itself is not even on the lips.  The pigmentation is quite spotty, giving it a patchy and milky look on the lips, which looks incredibly unappealing.  Lastly, the formula is so sticky that it becomes increasingly hard to talk when wearing it.  It feels like glue on my lips!  
Now I want to know...did I get a lipgloss out of a bad batch or is this product really a fail?   A lot of youtubers wear these in their videos and look great.  However, as I found, they do look a lot more polished and less intense in color when photographed.  
Have any of you tried one of these?  If so, let me know what you think of it in the comments!  I like a lot of NYX products and wanted so baly to love this, but it was just too horrible.
I can tell you right now that I will probably never wear this again.


5 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new blog, keep it up :)

    www.sophalou.blogspot.co.uk

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, you've definitely unsold this to me. I'm not a huge fan of lipglosses in the first place, hate having something so heavy on my lips! It's a shame because the colour actually looks nice in the tube!

    Efflorescent Dream
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was really not a fan of it at all!! It looked very pretty in the tube so I decided to try it and was massively disappointed!!

      Delete